- 欢迎您访问陕西成考网！ 今天是
I. Multiple Choice (30 points, 2 points each)
A. This part consists of ten sentences, each followed by four different translation versions marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best version in terms of meaning and expressiveness and write the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet.
1. From both sides of the valley little streams slipped out of the hill canyons and fell into the Salinas River.
2. It will strengthen you to know that your distinguished career is so widely respected and appreciated.
3. True friendship is like health, the value of which is seldom known until it is lost.
4. At present people have a tendency to choose the safety of the middle-ground reply.
5. What aids there were to lighten labor were immemorial, like the mill, which was already ancient in Chaucer’s time.
A. The juice tastes of apple. B. The juice tastes from apple.
C. The juice tastes as an apple. D. The juice tastes like an apple.
A. He locked his son in, in case he play truant again.
B. He locked his son in, in case he played truant again.
C. He locked his son in, in case he might play truant again.
D. He locked his son in, in case he would play truant again.
A. That done he went straight to the hospital.
B. That done, he went straight to the hospital.
C. He went straight to the hospital, that done.
D. He went straight to the hospital that done.
A. Where have you put the book which needed?
B. Where have you put the book that needed?
C. Where have you put the book needed?
D. Where have you put the book to need?
A. We should not praise him very much for his work.
B. We must not praise him very much for his work.
C. We may not praise him too much for his work.
D. We cannot praise him too much for his work.
B. This part consists of five incomplete statements, each followed by four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the one that best completes the statement and write the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet.
A.倾向于直译 B. 倾向于意译
13. According to Eugene A. Nida, the extent to which the forms must be changed in order to preserve the meaning will depend upon the ______ distance between languages.
A. linguistic B. cultural
C. structural D. linguistic and cultural
14.原文: It is no use telling grown-up children not to make mistakes, both because they will not believe you, and because mistakes are an essential part of education.
15. ______ is a strategy in which a transparent, fluent style is adopted in order to minimize the strangeness of the foreign text for target language readers. This method is “an ethnocentric reduction of the foreign text to target-language cultural values, bringing the author back home.”
A. Literal translation B. Rigid translation
C. Foreignization D. Domestication
II. Word and Phrase Translation (20 points, 1 point each)
A. Translate the following words and phrases into Chinese. Write down your translation on your Answer Sheet.
16. gamma rays 17. the New Testament
18. ecologist 19. entrepreneurial spirit
20. court of appeals 21. Royal Society
22. a letter of patent 23. consecutive interpretation
24. instrument of ratification 25. the six-party talks
B. Translate the following words and phrases into English. Write down your translation on your Answer Sheet.
III. Translation Revision (20 points, 2 points each)
A. Correct or improve the translation of the following sentences. Write the revised versions on your Answer Sheet.
原文：Adelaide enjoys a Mediterranean climate.
36.原文：All the boys are being quiet today. I wonder what they’re up to.
37.原文：The street peddler hawked, ‘‘Now or never!’’
38.原文：I do not believe that she ever had time to notice that she was getting old.
39.原文：What’s more, according to intelligence in the West, this troop could be doubled in its strength within 30 days.
40.原文: He’s already past recovery.
B. Correct or improve the translation of the following sentences. Write the revised versions on your Answer Sheet.
译文：To write a preface to this collection of his essay gives me a great honor.
改译：I find it a great honor to write a preface to this collection of his essays.
译文：To win this victory will not require much more time or effort, but to consolidate this victory will require much more time and effort.
译文：He had sent me his articles, I was unable to read carefully and enjoy them all,1 was fully aware of the charm of his writings.
译文：He wishes that he asked her to dance then and that he knows her name now.
译文：Tigers are becoming less and less, almost on the verge of extinction; on the other hand, cats are becoming more and more and they became pets.
译文：This agreement will become effective as of the effective date and will remain in effect for three years.
Ⅳ. Passage Translation (30 points)
A. Translate the following passage into Chinese. Write the translation on your Answer Sheet. (15 points)
Nor is the importance of trade likely to diminish for either China or the United States. China will continue to depend upon lucrative export markets to earn the foreign exchange it needs to develop and grow. At the same time, China’s imports will supply the much needed advanced technology to fuel its continued development.
For the United States, new commercial opportunities will grow most rapidly in the emerging markets. We estimate that three quarters of new export opportunities over the next twenty years-that’s an incredible $1.9 trillion in potential exports-will come in the emerging markets of Asia and Latin America. This means jobs for American workers and a higher standard of living for the American people.
B. Translate the following passage into English. Write the translation on your Answer Sheet. (15 points)
易卜生( Henrik Ibsen)说过：“你们的最大责任是把自己这块材料铸成器。”